The race in the Spielberg Circuit Red Bull Ring will be the first of any F1 double header, the second will be staged next weekend.
A statement released to CNN confirmed that both nations would be held behind closed doors.
Austrian Health Minister Rudolf Anshober said two races had been approved after Formula One organizers presented “a comprehensive, professional safety plan” to prevent the spread of Kovid-19.
He added, “In addition to strict hygiene measures, regular check-ups and health check-ups have also been arranged for the team and all other employees.”
The relatively remote location of the Red Bull Ring and the proximity of a local airport make it an ideal F1 destination in the current situation, while Austria has a relatively low infection rate and death rate compared to other European countries.
The start of the action will be a relief for the Green Light F1 organizers and teams who were thrown into chaos at the start of the 2020 season in March with the last-minute cancellation of the Australian Grand Prix, just hours before practice began.
The first of the Melbourne 10 races was canceled or suspended, but F1 boss Chase Kerry said he believes the 15-18 race season could still be over.
When it starts, Lewis Hamilton will bid for a record-breaking seventh F1 world title, but his hopes of winning the double-header at the British Grand Prix at Silverston in the Austrian race are in balance.
As a sign of optimism, the British government is set to resume competitive play from Saturday.
“It depends on everyone who decides when to start the competition again. They know their sport well but football, tennis, racing, Formula 1, cricket, golf, rugby, snooker and others are ready to go back to us (TV). Screen soon, ”said Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sports Oliver Dowden.
A British government, however, insisted that the expiration of the next two weeks of secession in the country could affect plans for the British Grand Prix, unless concessions were made.
Although the F1 action is limited to virtual races, there has been considerable behind-the-scenes stir, with Carlos Sanz replacing McLaren with Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricardo Renault at Ferrari for 2021.
Smaller teams were also under considerable financial pressure, with Williams announcing earlier this week that it was up for sale after a বছর 13 million ((15.7 million) loss last year.